Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) R710156
Every year millions of foreign workers enter Canada to work for Canadian employers meeting their occupation demands. A work permit is needed mostly for temporary jobs.
The program instituted by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) allows foreign workers to work for a specific period of time in Canada.
A work permit is not considered as an immigration document, and does not allow foreigners to live in Canada permanently. To settle in Canada on permanent basis, foreigners need to qualify under immigration category like skilled worker programs.
Also your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children can apply to come to Canada to study or do job under work permit.
Work permit is extendable based on job demands. To renew work permit applicants need to apply minimum 30 days before the current permit expires.
Under open work permit foreign workers can work for any employer in Canada except for employers who are ineligible as stated by the Govt. of Canada, and for employers where job description is to perform sexual or related work.
Under employer-specific work permit, foreign workers work according to the following conditions mentioned on work permit.
- Name of employer to work for.
- Duration of work.
- Location of the work (if applicable).
- Job offer approved by Labour market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is required for occupations apart from jobs that don’t. LMIA confirms that a Canadian employer can fill their vacant job with a foreign worker.
- Show intentions to leave Canada post the end of your temporary work visa.
- Financial proof to support you and your accompanying family members.
- Obey all laws of Canada.
- Police clearance certificate with no criminal records/activities.
- Medical check proof of having good health.
- Will not serve under ineligible employers or employer where your job is to striptease, escort, erotic dance or any massage work.
- Suppose the applicant is an international student and recently graduated from a Designated Learning Institution with a degree or diploma course. In that case, they can apply for a temporary work permit in Canada.
- The applicant should convince the immigration office that they will leave on time after the temporary work visa Canada.
- If the applicant is a student who’s no longer able to pay their tuition fees and wants to continue their studies, they can apply for a temporary work permit in Canada.
- Applicants holding an employer-specific work permit and received maltreatment from the employer can apply for an open work permit and change the employer.
- Applicants should respect Canadian laws and should not be involved in any illegal activities.
- An applicant who applied for Canadian permanent residence.
- The applicant is a dependent family member who applied for permanent residence.
- The applicant is a spouse/common-law partner of a Skilled worker/International student or an Atlantic Immigration Pilot program applicant.
- Applicants need to undergo medical examinations if required.
- An applicant who is a protected person, refugee, refugee claimant, or family member.
- Applicants should avoid seeking work from employers who provide illicit services as employment with such illegal establishments will not help acquire a temporary work visa in Canada.